Thursday, February 17, 2011

Crash: The Stunt Woman...




I got in an accident on Monday.
It was horrendous.
I was on a bike.
And a car t-boned me.
My bike flew up 20 feet.
I flew 15.
Had a nice landing straight in the middle of the intersection on the pavement.
Then I got up and shook it off.
Then an ambulance came.
And a firetruck full of hunky firemen.
Did I mention it was Valentine's day?
The guy that hit me was a chef.
He told me "It's okay Lady."
Really?! Because I'm pretty sure it's not!
Well luckily I went away from it with just a few bumps and bruises.
But do you know what the best thing of all is?
My fabric saved my life.

I was riding home from my favorite fabric store and for some reason wanted to bring a backpack in stead of using my bike basket to carry my bag.
The backpack was full of a heavy weight wool.
When I was flying through the air matrix style, the weight of the backpack turned me and allowed me to land on it and take some of the impact.
My P.T. calls me Crash, The Stunt Woman.

GOD BLESS THE FABRIC I SAY!

On a lighter note.

Here are some of my latest creations...

My People Silk

It is a silk print with pretty little vintage ladies on it.
Silk was a nightmare to work with but worth it!

Original pattern and design to boot!

"RAD" rayon with organza overlay skirt!

22 inch coat zipper! Super cool.

1 comment: