Saturday, May 12, 2012

Oreo Pudding Cookies


Two posts in one week?! 
This must be a record.
The weather in Idaho had been groovy. Chilly nights, incredible sunsets, wonderful motorcycle rides... what more could I ask for?! 
Oh, I know. 
Some Oreo Pudding Cookies.


It's good to be home. I'm constantly reminded by my loving father, "R.I.C.E. JORDAN R.I.C.E!" If you knew my dad, you could hear his tone while yelling this. It's a sort of a sarcastic stern goofball tone with a giggle at the end. That makes no sense unless you know him... Great guy. I'm going to be just like him when I grow up. 

Mother's day is tomorrow. I have already given my mother her main gift. A lovely handmade mug from the same guy that makes the dishes for the amazing new restaurant in Houston, Oxheart. I ran into him by accident at iFest Houston (which was a complete waste of money shit show in my opinion. WHO PAY'S FOR CUSTARD IN TICKETS?!) This guy KINDA RULED. I got three beautiful mugs and let her choose her favorite. Tomorrow we are doing breakfast in bed for her and we're contemplating a picnic... we'll see, it may turn into a pajama day... nothing wrong with that!

I was getting my hairs did the other day, because it is a NECESSITY when I am in town. Even if I had my hair done a week before I came, I HAVE TO DO IT WHEN I AM IN TOWN. There is something wrong with me. I think I am superstitious or something. Or maybe I just like showing Marci a Mary Kate picture of what color I want, since I have brought her one every year since I was 13. Don't ask. She told me about these pudding cookies that she made that rivaled my famous chocolate chip cookie recipe. SO naturally I had to make them to see what the excitement was about and to see if they came close to my recipe.... 

They aren't like mine, but good try.
I went for the Oreo version, but they also do a vanilla or chocolate versions...

OREO PUDDING COOKIES

1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (4.2 ounce) package instant Oreo Pudding mix
2 1/4 cups flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Hershey's Cookies N Cream Candy Bars broken into small pieces (I used 2.6 ounce King Sized bars)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in pudding mix until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix to combine. Stir in cookies n' cream pieces and chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.

Using a cookie dough scooper, place golf ball sized dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. You do not want to overbake these! Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooking rack. Store in air-tight container. Makes two dozen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment